Collection of personal information
We may ask you on the Sites for information that personally identifies you or provides information about yourself (“personal information”) or allows us to contact you to provide a service or a product or carry out a transaction that you have requested (such as requesting information about our company). The personal information we collect may include your name, your address, your telephone number, your email address and other contact information, and other information about services requested through the Sites. You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our services or respond to questions you may have.
The Sites may also collect information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Site. This information is used, among other reasons, to help improve the Site, analyze use trends, and administer the Site.
In addition to the website, Sobi collects information about healthcare professionals when they interact with us or our representatives. Sobi also collects personal data from a number of third-party data sources, in particular from publicly available sources such as public registers of healthcare professionals, published journals and event materials and from websites of healthcare professionals or their employers. Sobi collects and processes such publicly available data only to the extent where the purposes for such collection and processing are compatible with and correspond to the initial purposes for which the respective data are made publicly available. Sobi also makes use of third-party data providers to enhance its own knowledge of the healthcare sector. This data will include information about health care providers’ role(s), qualifications, specialty, employer, experience, publications and other information related to their professions.
Use of personal information
Except as otherwise required by law, the personal information collected on the Sites will be used solely to:
- Operate the Sites and to provide the service(s) and/or product(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized,
- To provide you with more effective customer service,
- Send promotional or advertising materials to you (see opt-out provisions below),
- To improve the Sites and any related Company products or services, and
- To make the Sites easier to use by eliminating the need for your repeated entry of the same information. In order to offer you a more consistent experience in your interactions with the Company, information collected by the Sites may be combined with information collected in connection with other Company products and services.
We may use your personal data collected in the following ways:
- Operate our business;
- Deliver our products and services;
- We may use information we collect directly from you and from outside sources to validate your licensure and eligibility to view such information;
- For data analysis, to better understand how our products and services impact you and those you care for;
- To track and respond to concerns;
- For fraud prevention and to further develop and improve our products and services;
- To comply with our regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations including those related to adverse events, product complaints and patient safety;
- To process, complete and fulfill your requested transactions;
- To provide customer service and respond to requests or inquiries;
- To communicate with you;
- To tailor our marketing programs and campaigns;
- To provide you with newsletters, articles, alerts, announcements, invitations; and other information about products, brands, health topics and disease states.
On what basis do we use your personal data
For EEA Residents: To respond to your requests or inquiries, it is our legitimate interest to retain your information
We will keep you informed about our trials or other activities that we believe may be of interest to you. Processing is based on your consent, and we will rely on your consent. You have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated when we requested the consent or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To operate our websites and to create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data: These processing activities constitute our legitimate interests.
To comply with regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations and to comply with law: Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
How we share information
The Company may occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as website hosting, website design or technical support, mailing/shipping, answering customer questions about products and services, and sending information about our products, special offers, and other services. We will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. For example, the Company may share data:
- To enable third parties to provide services to us. Categories of recipients of data would include health care providers, specialty pharmacies, financial investment service providers, insurance providers, pension administrators and other benefits providers, payroll support services, relocation, tax and travel management services, health and safety experts, and child care providers;
- To comply with our legal obligations, regulations or contracts, or to respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process, such as a subpoena, government audit or search warrant. Categories of recipients would include counter-parties to contracts, judicial and governmental bodies;
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities (such as national security or law enforcement);
- To seek legal advice from external lawyers and advice from other professional advisers such as accountants, management consultants, etc.;
- As necessary to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation (such as adverse parties in litigation);
- Where necessary to protect Sobi, your vital interests, such as safety and security, or those of another person; or
- In connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of our business (such as a potential purchaser and its legal / professional advisers).
- We may aggregate and/or de-identify data about visitors to our Site or other collection activities and use it for any purpose, including product and service development and improvement activities.
Control of personal information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Security of personal information
The Company is strongly committed to protecting the security of your personal information. When you submit personal information on the Site, the Company will take all reasonable efforts in order to protect your personal information. The Company uses certain security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure once it is received.
If you reside in the United Kingdom, EEA or Switzerland, you may request that we take the following actions in relation to your personal data according to the GDPR:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal data and give you access to your personal data.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Delete. Delete your personal data.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal data to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Data portability. You have the right to request for the receipt or the transfer to another organization, in a machine-readable form, of your personal data
- Object. Object to our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent. When you have given your explicit consent for the processing of your data, you can withdraw it at any time without justification.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority or to the Data Protection Authority where the alleged infringement took place.
If you reside in California, you may see our California Privacy Notice, below here.
You may opt out of marketing-related emails by clicking on a link at the bottom of each such email, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails for which you have not opted out.
77 4th Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451
We will request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions.
If you reside in the United Kingdom, EEA or Switzerland and would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal data or response to your requests regarding your personal data,
you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a complaint to the data protection regulatory authority in your country.
The Sites provide you with the opportunity to choose to receive updates about the Company and any information we may want you to know about. You may be added to the Company’s mailing lists and signed up for certain notifications from the Company when you submit your contact information through the Sites. If you would like to be removed from this list and/or opt out of these notifications, please unsubscribe using the instructions in the email or call or write us at the physical address, email address or telephone number listed below. Please allow five (5) business days for processing of your opt-out request.
If you need to correct or update your contact information, or you no longer desire our services, you can do so by contacting us using the contact information set forth below.
Links to other sites
Coordination with Terms and Conditions
Governing law and venue
77 4th Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451
Last updated: 2021/03/25